Wednesday, March 31, 2010

and along came ... Shorty!


Daniel and I decided that it was time Sheba had a brother or sister to play with, so Sunday we went to the Dallas Animal Service Adoption Center.  We took Sheba with us and I roamed the cages for some prospective playmates.  I picked out this little guy first, then a couple of other Minpins and a Chiweenie.  We took them all to an outdoor area to play and after some time getting used to each other, we found that Sheba and Shorty got along really well.  So I paid the fee and Shorty went to surgery on Tuesday for neutering.  I picked him up today and he's the sweetest thing ever!

Notice the boy diaper?  Well, Shorty is already 1 1/2 years old, just like Sheba, and he's become used to "marking" his territory.  After some research I found that most people recommened using the "male wrap" to discourage marking in the house.  So far, it's working.


How about that beautiful "marbled" eye?  Yes, I said marbled.  Shorty's left eye is part blue and part brown.  His right eye is all brown.  Isn't he a beauty? 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the family Shorty!