Wednesday, April 23, 2014

The Crafty Scrapper April Challenge

This months challenge over at The Crafty Scrapper blog is to use black (and black ink doesn't count).  Most of the entries so far are scrapbook layouts, but the challenge is for a layout or other project.

I started out doing scrapbooking, but that quickly metamorphicised into mixed media projects.  Since I was in the store yesterday, I asked if I could submit something other than a layout just to be sure and was given a very enthusiastic "yes".

So here you go.  I will link this to The Crafty Scrapper blog:
Hopefully I'll be the winner of some wonderful goodies from that heavenly store in Waxahachie, Texas!

Supply list:  
Heavy black cardstock - I buy this at Hobby Lobby in 36 x 24 sheets
Embossing folder - Tim Holtz Alterations
Buttercream and Butterscotch Gelatos
Paper for rosette, background for Eifel Tower and flourish at top - Global 6 x 6 7 Gypsies
Black crystals - Glamour Glitz
Other supplies and image of Eifel Tower from my personal stash.

5 comments:

Anita Scroggins said...

Hi Virginia, yes- you can submit any project to The Crafty Scrapper blog challenge - it does not need to be a layout!

Anita Scroggins said...

Virginia I love your tag!! Such a great project! I am a new follower of your blog, I would love it if you would hop over to my blog and follow me too. Thanks so much for joining in the fun at The Crafty Scrapper for our Use Black Challenge this month!

Ms. Ruin said...

Oh I just love your tag. It's so lovely! Thank you for joining our challenge and congrats on your win!

Melissa said...

Oh yes! you ROCKED this challenge... you know where i live for when you get tired of it ;)

A SASSY SCRAPPER said...

Hiya Virginia! These tags are GORGEOUS! Big congrats on your win!