Saturday, March 22, 2014

Time Flies When You're Having Fun

OK, a bit trite, but so true.  I can't believe it's been nearly 11 months since my last post.  You wouldn't believe the stuff I've created over that time.  Our summer was fairly mild for a Texas summer, but winter has been long and very cold for a Texas winter.  I think the worst is behind us, but I never say never until after April because I've seen snow here in the D/FW area in April twice that I remember.

Anyway, I'm going to attach some pictures of some of the things I've been making, especially new Easter creations.








So there you go.  I've been experimenting with paperclay and I think my little folk art birds turned out really cute.  The bunny turned out well too.  The Bun-Bun candy box and the green Tweety Bird box are gone as is the Easter Egg on the spool.  Everything else is here sitting on a silver tray sparkling away.  If you would like to buy any of these little goodies please let me know.

A couple of my creations have inspired Kristen Hubick of Retro Cafe Art-  www.retrocafeart.com  -to make some cool kits for sale in her online store.  The first item was my Bunny Theatre from last year.  Kristen was inspired to create Angel and Fairy Shrine kits.
 The above inspired the below
And Kristen has also created a kit to make Faux Faberge Eggs which was inspired by this egg that I made as a gift for her.
 
 
I feel lucky to have been able to inspire kits that so many others can enjoy "playing" with!

1 comment:

Retro Cafe' Art Gallery said...

And I feel lucky to have such talented customers!!! Like I said, you are brilliant! That bunny theatre of yours still makes my heart beat faster! And I'm lucky to have your original Faberge egg in hand! Thank you for the shout out!
xoxo,
Kris