Friday, March 28, 2014

Tag! You're it!

Several weeks ago, I went to The Crafty Scrapper in Waxahachie and met my Facebook friend, Melissa Hines.  After browsing in the store and purchasing a "few" things we went off to her house and had a wonderful time in her craft room.  She showed me some techniques and I showed her how to make a paper clay bird.  After hours of fun accompanied by pizza and Coke, she sent me home with a cache of cool stuff we'd embossed, die-cut, etc. 
 
Yesterday I dug into that lovely little basket of goodies and made this tag from some of the wonderful stuff she sent home with me.

This is a manila tag that was embossed with a Tim Holtz embossing folder.  I semi-dry brushed it orange then, using a baby wipe, smoothed brown over that to bring out the detail.  Melissa has the Tim Holtz die to make the rosettes and we had made some of those plus we cut out some leaves from the same paper.  Meanwhile, I purchased her Cuttlebug from her and have bought a Sizzix die of the same type of leaves.  The "create" and "enjoy" word art is from a Scrap Girls digital kit and the rose is a plain white paper rose that I died with a diluted solution of Adirondack "Carmel" Alcohol Ink.

Today I received Happy Mail from Retro Cafe Art.  Included in the box of goodies were 12 of the new Faux Faberge Egg kits.  I will be making a few more Easter eggs within the next few days.

Meanwhile, Happy Crafting, everyone!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

you are so awesome!!!! lets make plans to do it again... and maybe we need the whole buttermilk pie from the doves nest ;) i love love love your tag!!!