Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Christmas Crafts




Oh, I know, today's Halloween and I've been working on Christmas stuff for a couple of weeks now.  But you know how it goes...time flies..or flys..or something like that.  Anyway, it seems that everyone is already in Christmas mode and I did want to have some ornaments made by Thanksgiving to offer to my family members.

The ATC above is for the last ATC Swap of the year with Denise Phillips.  Denise lives on Victoria island in British Columbia, Canada.  She's a waaayyyy talented artist and we've become Facebook "pals" and appreciators of each other's art since this summer.  Check out her blog at:  http://www.birdnutsmixedmedia.blogspot.com/
and her Etsy shop at:  www.etsy.com/shop/birdnutsmixedmedia

Next up:  two more ATCs I made just for the heck of it.  Some of you may recognize Owl Boy.  He's now dressed for Christmas, but he doesn't look too happy about it.


And here is just a cute Christmas "mum" ATC


Next are some ornaments I've been working on:



These were blank paper mache ornaments I purchased from Hobby Lobby.  Above is the front and back of one of my favorite ones.



Here's another ornament made from blank paper mache.  I posted this on Facebook not too long ago and someone wanted to know what Santa was smoking since he looked sort of dazed.  Well, I can't say for sure what he's smoking, but hopefully it's something relaxing..I mean, wouldn't you need to relax if you were living with all those elves?




And last, but not least, this one is made from the lid of a paper mache box.  I use the boxes to make lighted "shrines" and vignettes so I end up with a lot of extra lids.  Can't have those go to waste now can I?

Stay tuned.  There will be plenty more Christmas stuff showing up here now that I'm on a roll.
  



No comments: