Friday, August 24, 2012

It's Never Too Soon for Halloween!


I made this from a papier mache box.  I used double sided paper (Avignon by 7 Gypsies) a knob from Tim Holtz and some of my graphic vintage Halloween cards.  I will send my ATC's for the swap in this box.
  
I've got some great little ATC's and other goodies to share with you.  First of all, Kristin Hubrick over at Retro Cafe Art is having an ATC swap for Halloween.  Check out her website and see all her new goodies and read about the swap! http://www.retrocafeart.com/   I made all of the following ATC's using the masonite Tombstone ATC blanks.



Hey, Big Daddy!


Hey, Little Mama!


Madonna of the Bloody Moon


Gargoyle of the Bloody Moon


Another picture of the box

Besides Halloween I have made a few other things.  The next pictures are of a "book" made with the bottom halves of 2 Altoid tins.  I did this one in a Steampunk theme.  Thanks to Dad for letting me raid his collection of washers, resistors a capacitors!  The covers of the book are chipboard that I covered in paper.  I then stained the edges with chalk ink.  Before I glued them onto the tins, I glued the ribbon in place that ties the books shut.  I also used carmel Adirondack alcohol ink to stain the washers before assembling the piece.


Front


Back


Inside

Next are two canvas books I made.  The first one, The Little Mermaid, I made using a standard sized ATC card (2 1/2 x 3 1/2) and an ATC sized painters canvas. For the second, The Bird Nest,  I used a 3 x 3 inch painters canvas and cut the cover from some chipboard.  I found these small canvas' at Michaels.  For the Little Mermaid I once again used the Adirondack alcohol ink to stain the hinges to give them a more antiqued look.  I wish I could remember where I got these hinges because I have several more canvases and want to make more of these.

The Little Mermaid

Front


Back


Inside

The Bird Nest

Front


Back


Inside

BTW, except for the ATC's and the box, all of these are for sale.  If you are interested, please send me an e-mail or leave your contact info in a comment.  The Steampunk Altered Altoid Tin Book is $20.00 including postage and the Canvas Books are $15.00 each including postage.  If you would like a keepsake box like the one pictured in this post, I can make one similar for $20.00 including postage.

I'll be doing some more Halloween stuff soon and by October it will Christmas, Christmas, Christmas!

1 comment:

Mad Dog and Sharon Jean said...

I Love,Love,Love all of your It's Never Too Soon for Halloween....I think I need to come visit you for a crafting lesson...You never cease to amaze me..