Sunday, October 9, 2011

Halloween Contest Entries

You may have already seen my entries in the Retro Cafe Art "Anything Goes" Halloween art contest, but if not, I thought I'd post them here. 

This is a papier mache box that I have painted and decorated.  I took one of those LED tea lights, took the light apart, had Daniel drill a hole just for the light and inserted the light in the bottom of the box.  I painted the tea light portion that remained black and put a "skirt" around the bottom of the box between the legs to disguise it.  At night, with the light on, it's pretty darn spooky looking!


Here's Mr. Pumpkin Head.  Many of you may remember him from the past couple of Halloweens.  The contest didn't say that the art had to be newly created, so I entered him.  He's one of my favorite Halloween creations


And I call this one "The Witch at Home".  I used one of the chipboard shrines I purchase through Retro Cafe Art and decorated it.  I digitally created the scene using digital scrapbook papers, elements and other clip art.  The back side has a window with a similar scene in it so that it looks as if you are seeing inside the house.  I printed the moon on a transparancy sheet and when the whole thing is backlit with a tea light the moon glows!

Well, that's it for now.  I'm on to Christmas crafts.  I have one large triptych done and I'm working on a shadow box featuring a stained glass window. (not real stained glass, just looks like one.)

No comments: