Monday, February 6, 2012

Now a Break for Some Arts and Crafts!

I was looking at Pintrest yesterday and saw a really cute Valentine's project.
Dottie, at http://dottieangel.blogspot.com/ hung her strings of hearts in a window.  As you can see, she used pages from books and a few other hearts cut from fabric or paper.
Well, you guys know me, I usually like a little bit of color and the only window I could hang these from and be able to enjoy the fruits of my labors is not dog proof.  However, I had an idea.

Ta-Da! 
We have 4 tiny eyelets in the ceiling above the TV where during Christmas we hang 4 large red, glittery Christmas ornaments.  The perfect place for my little Valentines!
I used an old, ratty paperback that was headed for Half Price Books and cut the print hearts freehand.  Then, using my Cricut Mini, I cut the 2 different sizes of hearts from a couple of pieces of gorgeous Anna Griffin double sided scrapbook paper.  I designed the other hearts with sayings on them with Microsoft Publisher using graphic scrapbooking elements.
I hope you like my Valentine project and feel free to make your own.  If you do, I want to see it!