Monday, March 7, 2011

Mardi Gras in OakCliff

 Yesterday was the annual Mardi Gras parade here in OakCliff.  It was sunny and 65 degrees, so we decided to go down to Davis Street and see what was happening.  Luckily, I knew a great place to park where we would be up close and not even have to get out of the car.  We took Daniel's little convertible and sure enough, our parking spot awaited.  We put the top down, perched on top of the back seat and waited for the fun to start.  Here are some pictures from the parade:
This was our favorite "float".  The Winnetka Heights Neighborhood Association had a groovy 60"s theme!





The woman on the far left is holding a live alligator.  This is the Dallas Zoo's entry in the parade.  They also had a snake and a Great Horned Owl on the float.


Sunset High School Marching Band


FidOakCliff!  They are a non-profit group that is trying to get a dog park in the area.
Sheba and Shorty hope they succeed!




This woman not only was walking on stilts, but she was Hoola-Hooping while doing it!
Did you know that I was the Hoola-Hoop champion of my kindergarden class?  Really, I was.  I couldn't Hoola-Hoop now if my life depended on it!








I hope you enjoy the pictures.  We had a great time and I have a nice collection of Mardi Gras beads to show for it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like fun! I bet you could hula hoop!